Our history

 

2

The Melbourne Singers was formed in 1932 and as the Mitcham Choral Society established a sound foundation of choral singing with great distinction particularly in competition at South Street Ballarat (Royal South Street Society), gaining the award of Choral Champion under the one conductor, F.J.(Mick) Watsford on many occasions.

Today, the choir now known as The Melbourne Singers, present programs of various styles of music to organizations,such as the Mount Waverley section of The Royal Children’s Hospital Auxiliaries, and many church groups and Retirement villages.

More recently The Melbourne Singers has presented programs to residents in Aged Care Centres in The Boroondara district  and free concerts for elderly citizens.

 music-note-clipart-4